Sunday, September 10, 2006

Daddy, thank you for this day.

You've been so good to us over the last several days. We've been so worried about dad and his condition, mom, and especially Mimi. Dad was so close to something horrible happening. It's obvious you still have plans for him. Mom's never been good at being the one "taken care of" but you've brought all the right people at all the right places at all the right times to take care of every need so she could stay by Dad's side. And Mimi......you've answered so many prayers by giving her a heart to do what needs to be done and allowing us to move her into assisted living. That's something only You could have accomplished. Thank you for all the friends, new and old, who helped with her move, stood beside us, and encouraged us. I know that my relationship with You has been in the desert lately. I know that part of it is simply a time of growth you have me going through. I also know a part of it is because I haven't spent enough effort seeking to spend time with You and investing in our relationship. Thank You for loving me anyway. Thank You for the countless blessings during this time with my Dad. Thank You for loving us regardless of the stupid things we do or the ungratefulness we show. Thank You for being my Daddy, the perfect Daddy, and showing me what that means. Please mold me in that image for the two boys who call me daddy. I love you with all my heart. In Jesus' name. Amen.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Nixons,
I think my original message is still floating around. Thanks you for keeping us all in the loop...we would have been crazy withoutit. Just know that we have constantly had all of you in our thoughts and prayers. Bill, the Lord has never forgotten who you are and what a blessing you and April have been in this mission.We love you all.
The Harrises, all ten of us

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home